Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Here I Go!

I'm sitting at my gate (J12) in the Miami International Airport. In two hours I will board the airplane that will deliver me to Buenos Aires, Argentina. A trip a year in the making. But really... when you think about it... a lifetime in the making. We can boggle our own minds retracing events in our lives that have led us to our current positions and places. I get a kick out of it sometimes. But mostly I am just extremely grateful. Grateful for the myriad of blessings that have been presented to me. The people, the strength, the courage, the love, the lessons, the experience. All of these things having their own place in my present moment. A beautiful puzzle...static and dynamic all at the same time.

So... I am off. Entering the unknown. Fulfilling a fantasy, a dream, a goal. The excitement and anticipation is unequaled. When fear grips me (as it does every 15 minutes or so).... I think of all of the brave solo women travelers that have gone before me. It's easy to fall into the trap of fear.... in our society we are spoon fed millions of reasons to be fearful. It is much less often that we are given information that empowers us as women, as people. So I hold onto the stories and experiences of the millions of other people that already have taken the leap of solo travel to foreign lands. To be sure there are many, many more stories of success and wonderful adventure, than there are of failure or bad experiences. And really.... what is failure and bad experience but something to learn from? So I guess anyway you look at it I'm heading into a journey of the spirit....

Adios!

-tpd
15 November 2011






1 comment: